The quality and usefulness of any inspection depends upon the knowledge and experience of the person who conducts the inspection.
While Alabama and Georgia have established some minimum standards for home inspections, the building inspection industry is still largely unregulated. The extent and quality of the site inspection, report, and follow-up assistance vary significantly. So do the expertise and credentials of the inspectors. CRITERIUM-SOLLIE ENGINEERS exceeds the minimum state requirements and is an authorized engineering firm in Alabama and Georgia.
All of Criterium-Sollie Engineers' inspections are performed by Professional Engineers. The P.E. license is awarded by each state and is your assurance that the engineer is knowledgeable, ethical, and accountable. Accountability is a true measure of commitment to one's profession and clients. At a minimum, Criterium-Sollie's Professional Engineers:
- Have completed an accredited, degreed engineering program, have worked for 4 years under the direction of other engineers, and have passed a comprehensive state board exam. This is your assurance that they are properly trained to evaluate your property.
- Are bound by a code of ethics that requires that they limit their practice to areas in which they have expertise.
- Have completed a training course sponsored by Criterium Engineers in Portland, ME.
In addition to their professional qualifications, Criterium-Sollie's engineers participate in:
- Continuing education programs
- Intensive training programs sponsored by Criterium Engineers
- Regular peer reviews
Glenn Sollie, P.E. is the President and Owner of Criterium-Sollie Engineers. Mr. Sollie's special expertise is in the evaluation and analysis of commercial and residential properties.